Recipe courtesy of Jaime Laurita
- 2 small eggplants, diced, ends trimmed
- 5 tbsp. Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 large roasted red pepper (roasted on an open flame) peeled & de-seeded
- 3 olive oil poached garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 1 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
STEP 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss eggplant with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Spread eggplant on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 min., turning every 5-10 min. You’ll know when your eggplant is done when it is tender and lightly browned. Remove it from the oven and let cool off.
STEP 2 2. In a food processor, add remaining olive oil, salt & pepper, lemon juice, red pepper, goat cheese and garlic. Pulse mixture until all the ingredients are well-combined.
STEP 3 3. Transfer everything to mixing bowl and fold in the basil. Serve with baked pita bread.