I find infused oils fascinating, whether they are infused with an aromatic herb, or with cinnamon, pepper, lemon zest or garlic, they are a true luxury of fine cuisine. Garlic-infused olive oil is one of my favorites, since it pairs perfectly with all kinds of dishes.
My favorite choice of oil for this particular infusion is Carapelli Il Nobile olive oil. The flavor of the garlic that is infused with this extra virgin olive oil creates the perfect blend, completely transforming and enhancing your dishes.
1. Place 300ml (10 fl oz.) of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan, over low heat
2. Add five peeled garlic cloves
3. Place a thermometer in the oil and wait for it to warm to 60°C/140°F
4. Once the oil reaches this temperature, turn off the heat
5. Leave it to macerate for about an hour
6. Pour it into a glass bottle using a strainer.
Garlic-infused olive oil releases a magnificent aroma that is sure to whet the appetite. It is so delicious that you can enjoy it as a snack, using it as a dip for bread. It is also highly versatile in the kitchen. Whether for roasting chicken or fish, or for drizzling over pasta, pizza or salads, it will add a characteristic touch to your recipes.
Infused oils are one of the secrets of fine cuisine. This preparatory step can transform traditional recipes into gourmet dishes. Enjoy this garlic-infused olive oil as much as I do and share it with your loved ones.